1. Home
  2. >
  3. Passports

Collier County Clerk of the Circuit Court
Recording Department – Passports
Collier County Courthouse Annex 2nd Floor
Phone: (239) 252-2646
Email: Passports



Passports Information

Passport Applications are required to be filled out in Black Ink.

Do not sign the DS-11 Application Form until you are instructed to do so in person.


Proof of U.S. Citizenship

Evidence of U.S. citizenship, the original AND a photocopy of the front and back must be submitted with your application. The photocopy must be on 8 ½ inch by 11 inch paper, black and white ink, legible, and clear. Evidence that is not damaged, altered, or forged will be returned to you. Note: Lawful permanent resident cards submitted with this application will be forwarded to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, if we determine that you are a U.S. citizen.

Proof of Identity

You must present your original identification AND submit a photocopy of the front and back with your passport application.

Recent Color Photograph

Photograph must meet passport requirements – full front view of the face and 2×2 inches in size.


Please visit http://travel.state.gov for current fees.

Completed Passport Application Forms (unsigned DS-11)

Passports For Minors

Children under 16

For detailed information regarding Passport Application & Renewal Requirements for minors who are 15 or younger, please view Travel.State.Gov’s Children Under 16 page.
Requirements for Minors under 16

To submit an application for a child under age 16 both parents or the child’s legal guardian(s) must appear and present the following:

  • Evidence of the child’s U.S. citizenship
  • Evidence of the child’s relationship to parents/guardian(s)
  • Original parental/guardian government-issued identification AND a photocopy of the front and back side of presented identification

If only one parent appears, you must also submit one of the following:

  • Second parent’s notarized written statement or DS-3053 (including the child’s full name and date of birth) consenting to the passport issuance for the child. The notarized statement cannot be more than three months old and must be signed and notarized on the same day, and must come with a photocopy of the front and back side of the second parent’s government-issued photo identification or
  • Second parent’s death certificate if second parent is deceased or
  • Primary evidence of sole authority to apply, such as a court order or
  • A written statement or DS-5525 (made under penalty of perjury) explaining in detail the second parent’s unavailability

Each minor child applying for a U.S. passport book and/or passport card must appear in person.

Children 16 & 17

For detailed information regarding Passport Applications & Renewal Requirements for minors who are 16 or 17 years old, please view Travel.State.Gov’s Applicants Age 16 and 17 page.
Requirements for Minors who are 16 or 17

  • The minor must appear and show Parental Awareness
    • A Parent appearing with the Minor
    • A Signed Statement consenting to the issuance of a passport from at least one parent (should accompany a photocopy of parent’s ID)
  • Original or Certified copy of the Minor applicant’s Citizenship Evidence
  • A photocopy of U.S. Citizenship evidence (front & back)
  • The Minor or Minor’s Parents/Guardians must present their ID and a front & back photocopy of their ID
  • Passport Photo
  • Completed Application (unsigned until instructed to do so)
  • Payment


U.S. Passport Cards

The passport card is the wallet-size travel document that can only be used to re-enter the United States at land border-crossings and sea ports-of-entry from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. The card provides a less expensive, smaller, and convenient alternative to the passport book for those who travel frequently to these destinations by land or by sea. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.


Renew your Passport by Mail if:

  • Your U.S. Passport can be submitted with your Renewal Application
  • Your U.S. Passport is undamaged (other than normal “wear and tear”)
  • Your U.S. Passport was issued when you were age 16 or older
  • Your U.S. Passport was issued within the last 15 years
  • Your U.S. Passport was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change

Renew by mail with Form DS-82 for each of the above scenarios

For further information on Passport Renewal, please visit the Renew my Passport by Mail page on Travel.State.Gov.